Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Harry Hahn Book Review - RivRon 13

Rolland: I just finished your book last night. I would have finished it sooner, if I had not been so busy travelling on business. Retirement for me is less than a year away! If you remember, we were in contact with me when you were writing your book. I was a radioman with Mike Connolly in RivDiv 13. Also a friend, til this day, of Doc Rather. Doc and I just had breakfast last Sunday morning as all of us "boat guys" in the Chicago area do once a month.

It might interest you that about every four years we take a PBR that is sitting in the Military Museum near me out of storage and run it on lake Marie. We had a great time doing it a couple years ago. I had 150 PBR sailors and their families on board during multiple trips when I gave them rides that June day.

I just wanted to say that you did a great job of capturing the story of what we did in Nam, the mix of history of that country, and the back stories of the people that were KIA you came in contact with. Thanks for doing such a great job. I had my sister that was most interested in what I did in Vietnam read the book and she said that, for once, she understood what I did and what I went through. I have made an attempt over the years to start a book and tell the story of what we did from a Monitor sailor's perspective. Never finished it. I am glad you got to tell your story and we appreciate it!

Harry Hahn
RivRon 13


No comments:

Post a Comment